- Beijing: the ave daytime temp is 66F (18.9C) and ave number of rainy days is 5.
- Shanghai: the ave daytime temp is 73F (22.4C) and ave number of rainy days is 8.3.
- Guangzhou: the ave daytime temp is 83F (28.5C) and ave number of rainy days is 6.5.
- Guilin: the ave daytime temp is 78F (25.8C) and ave number of rainy days is 9.5.
October Packing Suggestions:
- North: it will be cool during the day and chilly at night. A light daytime base layer with fleece or sweater layering at night is a good option.
- Central: it will be warm during the day and cooler at night. A light base for daytime and long sleeves/long pants in the evening is enough.
- South: it will still be quite warm. Late summer dressing is fine but bring something lightweight for the occasional cool evening or heavy a/c room.
Visiting China in October - Pros:
- The weather is great for sight-seeing, mild and very comfortable.
- Domestic fares drop after the first week of October (National Day) so it may be a more reasonable time to travel within China.
Visiting China in October - Cons:
- The first week of October is generally a week-long holiday for all Chinese workers. This translates into millions of domestic travellers on buses, trains and planes doubling and tripling fares.
- As well as more expensive fares and hotel rooms, China's top attractions will be mobbed with site-seeing domestic tourists.
What's Happening in October:
October is also peak season for fall leaf viewing. Find out where to go to see fall foliage in China.