The Bottom Line
- An affordable luxury: 1 hour head & shoulder massage about $7, full body lavender oil massage $25
- 12 locations make a stop at Dragonfly difficult to miss
- English menu and English-speaking friendly staff
- Late hours mean convenience
- Book early - popularity of certain venues makes getting an appointment sometimes difficult
- Dragonfly @ Xinle (pronounced shin-la)
- 206 Xinle Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China (near the junction of Donghu/Fumin/Xinle Roads)
from US/Canada, dial 011-86-21-5403-9982
from China, dial 021-5403-9982
- Hours of operation: 11:00 am through 2:00 am, 7 days a week
- Full list of hours and locations
Guide Review - Dragonfly Spa Review - A Review of Dragonfly Spa on Xinle Road, Shanghai
Always nervous about the whole nudity part of massage, Steve immediately set me at ease, pointing out the baggy pajamas I was to change into. He then shut the shoji sliding wooden door to my room and let me change.
After letting him know I was ready, Steve came in and prepared a mat for my massage. I lay down and he covered me with a large towel. Comfortable and warm, he began my massage by smoothing pressure points in my back. It was not long before I succumbed completely and relaxed for 60 minutes.
My hour seemed over too quickly when Steve bowed and told me my massage was complete. Changed, and back in the lobby with another cup of tea, I decided I might take a look at their membership information. I could imagine coming back here quite often.
A one-hour shiatsu massage is 120rmb or about $15, and worth every penny.