Following the pilgrimage circuit through the monastery leads the visitor through the following sites:
- Ganden Podrang (Ganden Palace)
- Tsokchen (Assembly Hall)
- Ngakpa Tratsang (College of Tantric Studies)
- Jamyang Drubpuk (Jamyang Choeje's meditation cave}
- Loseling Tratsang (College of Dialectics)
- Tashi Gomang Tratsang
- Nechung Monastery (Naiqióng Sì)
When to Visit:
The monastery is open all year but August is a great time to visit because of the Shoton Festival that usually takes place then.
Location: half an hour by car outside central Lhasa.
Getting there: your best option is to take a taxi but buses also run in that direction.
Hours of operation: 9am-4:30pm