The capital of the province is Hefei.
Yellow Mountain or Huangshan (黄山) is one of the most famous scenic spots in China and is in Anhui Province. Hundreds of thousands of people visit the area during the peak season.
More about visiting Yellow Mountain:
- Visitor's Guide to Yellow Mountain
- Xihai Mountaintop Hotel Review
- Packing Guide for Mountain visits in China
Nearby the Yellow Mountain Scenic Area are Xidi and Hongcun, two UNESCO-listed villages famous for their special architecture.
- Visiting Hongcun
- Visiting Xidi
- Eating or staying in Xidi at The Pig's Inn
- Introduction to the architecture found in these villages: Huizhou Architecture
Anhui is also home to the famous Jiuhuashan, a holy Buddhist mountain area.